Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Birth Announcement complete

announcement

Earlier this week I decide to put together Megan's birth announcement to be sent out to friends and family. I do this type of stuff quite often for clients, but it seems that when it comes to my own family I run out of time to get stuff done. Thankfully, I've taken off much of the month of June to stay home with the family and to help Mom get some rest. Somewhere in there, I found a couple free hours to sneek off and design this card.

For this announcement, I decide to use one of the earlier images. I'm still working on some fine art pieces, but you really can't predict a newborn's behavior. As of right now, Megan hasn't been interested in "posing" for some of my more artistic shots. I'm not giving up, but I really need to get it done ASAP as she is changing daily and is loosing that "new baby look".

The shot above is just the front of the announcement, and there are more pictures on the back side. The announcement is being printed on Pearl press paper, which is just awesome stuff. It has this really great texture and has a interesting look when light skims off the surface.