Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Back in the studio

The last few days have been a whole lot of fun. I've been out in Texas helping the largest retailer of motorcycle apparel set up their photoroom so they can do their own product shots. It turned out to be quite a fun challenge as I got to stretch my creativity a bit and think about more than just fine art portraiture. I also got to get back into the teaching mode, as I had to train their staff on basic camera functions, lighting, and even post processing. The most fun, though was the people. I was treated like family from the very beginning.

Even with as much fun as I had, I'm really glad to be home. I miss my family when I travel, and it's always good to come home to their little angelic faces (ok, so I admit that I often have my "daddy goggles" on).

I've got another announcement regarding an addition to the studio. I'll add that to the next blog for www.briandownerphotography.com. It's pretty much the biggest thing that has happened in the last 2 years. With any luck, I'll be able to announce it this Friday.