Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Updates, updates, updates......

Seems like just yesterday, but it's actually been over 4 weeks since my last blog entry. Where does the time go?

Anyway, some exciting news here at the studio. We recently attended a seminar put together by David Ziser and Marathon press. It's the first training opportunity I've been able to attend since the PPA convention in January.

David put on a great show. I always find it fascinating when I watch how another photographer uses light. It's like being able to see object with another set of eyes. This training opportunity re-ignited my passion for the artistry and creativity in my work, which always seems to be running a bit low towards winter's end. The coming of spring, and all it's beauty, always drags me outside and ready to try and explore new things. Now, with my normal techniques in my "bag of tricks", ideas for tweaking some of those techniques/tools, and brand new ideas inspired by the recent training, I'm ready to play.

I was also hoping to attend a senior photographer's workshop in Utah this summer. Sadly, I am not going to be able to make it. With our third child coming in late June, and due to some complications with the pregnancy I am going to be staying close to home.

In other news of late, we just joined WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International). WPPI is just a great organization, full of training opportunities, print critiques, and tools to take a studio to another level in performance. I'm really excited about this, and I only wish I hadn't waited so long to join. I can't wait to see how the studio will change and evolve in the future as we implement all the great things we are learning already.

Ahhhh, spring. I do so love this time of year.