Sunday, June 22, 2008

Almost finished

Well, I've almost got all the website updates completed. It is with mixed emotions that I published the new price list. I know that the prices have gone up, and on some items they have gone up significantly. Unfortunately, it couldn't be helped. As a small business, we can't afford to absorb all the cost increases from our suppliers, and some of it has to be passed on. I've done my best to make sure we are staying competitive in the marketplace, and I'm sure that my customers know the value of the items coming from this studio.

Please come visit the new website, and tell me what you think: briandownerphotography.com

To compliment the website, I'm upgrading the studio facilities as well. In a couple weeks, I expect to have some gorgeous hardwood floors installed, and shortly thereafter I'm going to upgrade the office furnishings as well. I think the office could use some sprucing up with some new flooring, some built-in's and new furniture. I haven't decided if I'm going to install a flat panel in the office for viewing, or if I should stick to online viewing, or printed proofs. Oh well, I've got time.

While the studio upgrades are going into place, I won't be taking any in studio clients. I'll still be available for some on site work. When the studio reopens, I think it will be a great time for me to launch some promotions. First thing I want to do is to get the portfolio updated. I'm thinking of some special offers for clients who are interested lending me their images for advertising. I'm also going to be launching a referral program, as well as a few other items. Stay tuned....